Established in 2015, Bond Brothers Beer Company resides in Cary, NC, about 15 minutes from downtown Raleigh. Right in the middle of downtown Cary, BBBC is always popping and is clearly the most popular spot in the area. This comes with good reason though; Bond Brothers rocks!
Hidden away from street view, Bond Brothers is a quick turn off of Chatham Street in Cary. When you arrive, there is plenty of parking (for now) with their being a dirt/gravel lot and a paved lot, both right behind the microbrewery, the later which will soon be used by customers of other businesses when the new Midtown Square building opens. The first thing you notice is the huge outdoor space they have. Plenty of tables with umbrellas fill the space, lighted by strung lights above. On nice days, they open up the huge garage doors which makes the outdoor space and indoor space one. The inside is not huge, but has a decent sized bar, and some tables for beer drinkers to sit down and relax at. There is a big window that allows you to see their brewing operations, which is very cool.
All of the beers come in 10 oz. or 16 oz. globes which is nice considering they have an array of beers, many of which have very high alcohol by volume. For a small brewery in Cary, these guys produce some BIG flavors. The first beer I had here was the Blonde Roast (10%, 20 IBU). What a mind trick! The beer is described as a Strong Ale style, so the color matches; a beautiful light golden color. However when you smell the beer, you get a strong aroma of coffee. The beer has a full body, and tastes like coffee and vanilla all the way. The complexity of this beer is amazing. I probably couldn't drink more than one, but that's okay. It's a one and done type of deal, but a pleasure to drink for sure! Here's what people are saying about the Blonde Roast on Untappd. I also enjoyed the Stride Session IPA (4.8%, 55 IBU). I am a lover of IPA's and sessions are great when you know you're going to be knocking a few down. This beer had a very nice aroma, that of hops and citrus. The body was medium, with a color almost that of Sunny D (it appeared to be unfiltered). The taste was not overly bitter with nice citrus notes and some nice carbonation, and another interesting palate teaser that I could not distinguish. It definitely has a unique quality to it, and this beer I could (and did) drink a few of. Here's what people are saying about Stride on Untappd. They also have a number of Stouts and Sours on tap year round. I just wish they brewed more IPA's!!
We did sit on the patio, and plenty of others getting off of work were as well. There were tunes playing from inside which could be heard clearly from the outdoors, giving the vibe a great feel. As far as food, we brought Chipotle burrito bowls, however there was a food truck, Queso Monster, serving up some delicious looking bites. The bartenders at BBBC are always knowledgeable and they never let you go thirsty.
All of the beers come in 10 oz. or 16 oz. globes which is nice considering they have an array of beers, many of which have very high alcohol by volume. For a small brewery in Cary, these guys produce some BIG flavors. The first beer I had here was the Blonde Roast (10%, 20 IBU). What a mind trick! The beer is described as a Strong Ale style, so the color matches; a beautiful light golden color. However when you smell the beer, you get a strong aroma of coffee. The beer has a full body, and tastes like coffee and vanilla all the way. The complexity of this beer is amazing. I probably couldn't drink more than one, but that's okay. It's a one and done type of deal, but a pleasure to drink for sure! Here's what people are saying about the Blonde Roast on Untappd. I also enjoyed the Stride Session IPA (4.8%, 55 IBU). I am a lover of IPA's and sessions are great when you know you're going to be knocking a few down. This beer had a very nice aroma, that of hops and citrus. The body was medium, with a color almost that of Sunny D (it appeared to be unfiltered). The taste was not overly bitter with nice citrus notes and some nice carbonation, and another interesting palate teaser that I could not distinguish. It definitely has a unique quality to it, and this beer I could (and did) drink a few of. Here's what people are saying about Stride on Untappd. They also have a number of Stouts and Sours on tap year round. I just wish they brewed more IPA's!!We did sit on the patio, and plenty of others getting off of work were as well. There were tunes playing from inside which could be heard clearly from the outdoors, giving the vibe a great feel. As far as food, we brought Chipotle burrito bowls, however there was a food truck, Queso Monster, serving up some delicious looking bites. The bartenders at BBBC are always knowledgeable and they never let you go thirsty.
Overall, Bond Brothers is killing the small brewery scene. If you're going to open up a microbrewery, take some lessons from these guys. Great atmosphere, great beer, awesome vibes all around!
Bond Brothers Beer Company in a nutshell
I really liked:
-The beer! Damn, they're good!
- View of brewing operation
-The outdoor patio
-Location
Areas for improvement:
-Please add a corn hole set! Please!
-More IPA's on tap
I really disliked:
-I have not one bad thing to say about BBBC. Absolutely awesome!
Brewery Design: A
Location: A
House Brews: A
Food: B
Service: A
Vibe: A
Overall Grade: A (96/100)

Comments
Post a Comment